Sunday, January 14, 2007

Borat

I realize that this movie is SO late 2006, however this is what happens when you have a toddler. You just don't get out much. The good news is, we are so lame and homebound much of the time that blockbuster movies like this one eventually end up in small theaters downtown. These theaters charge far less money than the mall cinema. They also make popcorn with real butter, and sell water bottles for $1.00. Best of all you get the lucky opportunity to sit in a living-room sized theater with easy chair seats - YES!

The movie itself was hilarious. I assumed I would hate it. Slapstick comedies are never my first choice. My husband and I laughed our silly asses off through much of the entire movie. I definitely could have done without all the ass-munching in that one hotel scene, but after all was said and done, it rocked. I love Sacha Baron Cohen. I'm sure there are millions of people who missed the point of the movie altogether, who assume he's a racist bastard. If that's the case, you weren't paying attention. He shows us how ignorant some people (Americans, in this case) are. I find it amazing what comes out of people's mouths due to sheer ignorance.

Sacha Baron Cohen, you ROCK! I'm sure there are some who may be mortified to know he is up for many awards this year i.e. Golden Globes, SAGS, and hopefully Oscars. He truly deserves to win. I can guess that those who disagree the loudest are only upset that they may have seen themselves in his movie.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger theflyingmum said...

Well, we are both scorpio's...
I read the most recent post on your blog, and your comment over at benbirdy1 (Catherine Newman's blog) I guess we need to start visiting your blog now! I'll give you some great toddler friendly recipes - I've adapted a breaded chicken recipe to make that all-time-favorite, NUGGETS!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Lo said...

Thanks...it's nice to have visitors!

I would love any recipes you are willing to pass my way...we are currently using the "I only eat four things" toddler diet...and it appears we'll be dropping from four to three after this mornings breakfast. I've been working on homemade nuggets too but haven't been able to perfect a crunchy coating.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home