Saturday, March 31, 2007

I Think I Might Rather Waste My Money on Rent.

We've owned this house since July of 2005. We haven't done squat here. No landscaping, no moving of the brush piles, no garden, nada. I tell myself it was because the boy was small, we had no time (this is true). Now that the boy is bigger and less dependent on us (oy!) I tell myself we'll be able to get all the things done that need to be done. Who am I kidding? It was easier when we had a landlord. Everything was his problem, not ours!

I'm not sure we are cut out to own a house. Perhaps we would have been better suited to a place that already had everything it needed including less land. We own three acres and at the time of purchase it seemed like a good idea. Now all I see is upkeep, and I've learned something about myself, about my husband: we're fucking lazy.

3 Comments:

Blogger xxxx said...

I rent ... I'd buy so I can paint the walls and not have to paint them back before I leave, but I just don't care. ha.

Hope you're feeling better!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Lo said...

Oh Swishy, I HATE painting!! Please come live w/ me ;)

12:17 PM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

C R A C K I N G U P

OVER YOUR HAIKU! Great one!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home